Center School Annual Pledge Drive
Some Pledge Drive FAQs:
How much should I give?
Each year, the PTA spends over $500 per child. Please consider a donation in this amount, but every donation is appreciated. Whether you give
$20 or $2,000, every dollar counts! Our goal is 100% family participation.
Why is the annual pledge drive important?
While in past years our annual auction has raised over $100,000 to support our programming, we will not be able to rely on the auction this year and must rely more on our pledge drive to support our fundraising goals.
What does your contribution fund?
COVID related expenses. The salary for our essential computer teacher/specialist.
Two teachers from the Urban Fellows Program. Much, much more.
How can I double my gift?
Many employers sponsor matching gift programs and will match any charitable contributions made by their employees. Find out if your company has a matching gift policy.
Is my gift tax deductible?
Yes! 100% of your donation to the annual pledge drive is tax deductible to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Center School PTA is a 501(c)(3) organization.
Our Magazine Drive is on! Simply go to www.gaschoolstore.com/login. Our school ID# is 2587426.
The Wine Pull is back – virtually – in time for the holidays and the new (much better) year. Here’s how the virtual Wine Pull will work:
• Tickets are $30 each. Each ticket will have a unique number, and you will receive the bottle of wine that corresponds with your ticket number. You will receive your ticket number(s) by email once your ticket purchase has been recorded. Everyone who purchases a ticket gets a wine.
• All the wines we procure will be curated to ensure all are quality wines.
• There will be at least one or two more expensive wines mixed in as well, maybe more!
• You can purchase as many tickets as you like. In fact, we encourage it!
How to purchase tickets:
• Through Venmo (@centerschoolpta) – Preferred method • PayPal – Be sure to choose other amount and include a note indicating “For Wine Pull Tickets”
• Check (made payable to The PTA Association of the Center School)
• Cash Checks and cash can be sent to: The Center School, 100 W. 84th St., NY, NY 10024 When purchasing tickets, please provide your NAME and EMAIL ADDRESS
• The deadline to purchase wine pull tickets will be WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 16TH
• On TUESDAY, DECEMBER 22ND, the actual “pull” will take place. On this day, all the wines will be assigned a random number corresponding to the ticket numbers.
• On WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 23RD, wine pull participants will have the opportunity to pick up their wines from one of three pick-up points. FINALLY, if anyone would be gracious enough to donate some nicer bottles of wine for the Wine Pull, it would be greatly appreciated.
- (1) Go to smile.amazon.com
- (2) Select “The PTA Association of the Center School” as your charity.
- (3) Confirm that “Supporting: The PTA Association of the Center School” appears at the top of your screen. (You only need to do it once; Amazon will remember your selection until you change it.)
- (4) Start shopping!
- For more information and detailed instructions, click here.
To join the fundraising committee, email email@example.com