When a student enters the school building, they should:
- Complete a daily Health Screening form
- Have a completed consent form for COVID-19 testing via their NYC Schools Account
- Wear 2 masks
- Bring a lunch or eat school lunch
- Maintain social distancing rules
- Be patient
April 7, 2021
ULTIMATE FRISBEE!! Starting this Thursday, April 8th, Center School’s Ultimate Frisbee Club will begin meeting again! We will meet on Thursdays from 2:00 – 5:00 PM. Students in the JL cohort in the building can join immediately following the end of classes. Students in SBA cohort can maketheir way down to 83rd street after they finish their remote classes and still be a part of our club. In an effort to make our sessions as safe as possible, we will be practicing some safety measures. These will include: conducting all drills, meetings, and games outside requiring that students wear masks at all times, frequent hand sanitizing, a general effort to remain socially distanced when possible. That said, families should be aware that the sport of ultimate does involve participants being in close to proximity to one another for short intervals. We understand that some families may not be comfortable participating at this time. Students are welcome to join later if/when they are comfortable doing so. Excitedly, Mr. Walkup and Mr. Verdejo
THE MAY 2021 ISSUE IS HERE!
Connect with The Center School
Debate Team – email@example.com
Center School Gazette – firstname.lastname@example.org
Manhattan Youth After School Classes – April 2021
Dear Center families,
It seems like it’s been forever, but I am happy to announce Manhattan Youth After school will be returning IN PERSON on Tuesday April 20th, 2021. Thank you all for your patience during these trying times. I’m very excited to see both new and familiar faces!
A few things to know
- Activities are only accessible via Pod. A student cannot have a first session class with one pod and a second session class with another. Students do NOT have to stay for both sessions, however.
- Submission for an in person activity does not guarantee a spot. In person after school registration will be first come first serve. For capacity and social distancing reasons, numbers will be capped and confirmation emails will be issued.
- Please register your child for in person activities for the days they are physically in the building.
- Registration for virtual activities are automatically confirmed as there is no capacity rule.
The new class times (remote included) will take effect starting Monday April 19th, 2021.
I hope that you and your families continue to be safe and healthy. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to me. ***Link to register here***