January 13, 2022 Center School PTA Meeting
Meeting called to order by Maria Garutti, Co-President at 6:33pm
• Principal Report / Ms. O’Brien introduction – Ms. Schwartz – Between 20-35 kids have been out with Covid each day over the last two (2) weeks. This is approximately 85% attendance (which is very good compared to other schools).
– Report cards went home
– TACs show was a success – the two shows provided safelty and flexibility during COVID
– We are planning an ice skating trip soon – information will be sent home when it is available
– Introduction of the new school Social Worker, Ms. O’Brien.
• Treasury Report – Eve Glatt – Big Thank You to the parents for your donations. We’ve raised almost $70k from the Pledge Drive to date.
– Our goal is 100% participation from our school families. We are asking ALL parents to make a donation to our annual pledge drive. All donations in any amount are greatly appreciated and make a positive impact on our children’s educational experience. Every donation makes a difference – our goal is 100% participation! Donate today using the link OR donate by check by sending the check to school with your child. Please make check out to “Center School PTA” . THANK YOU in advance for your support!
– Ask your employer about matching donations, email email@example.com if you have any questions about matching donations.
• Auction Update – Sara Bonin – We would like each family to make one (1) donation to this year’s auction. Please help make the auction a success! Donation forms went home but they can also be found on our website. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org. – You can find the online auction donation form here https://thecenterschool.ejoinme.org/auction2022
• Parent Committee Updates – Gayle Maltz Meyer and Andy Myer
– Parent Education Committee: We have identified two topics from parents on which we would like to have presentations. 1) screen time and 2) managing and coping with anxiety.
– Singer/Songwriter night and writer’s night. Considering April 7th and May 12th for the events. There is a planning meeting on February 10th for anyone who is interested. Email Andy Meyer at email@example.com or David Bruner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Committee on Racial Justice and Equity: Meeting on January 19th at 7:00pm on Outreach specifically. On Jan. 26th at 7:00pm there is general meeting for the whole committee. Email email@example.com.
• SLT Update – Alex Bernstein – Curriculum night was scheduled for March 9th but may not be able to happen given the current Covid climate.
– There will, however, be a TACs show in March. We were able to do that safely with two shows and a vaccine requirement.
Upcoming Important Dates/Reminders:
• January 17: No School – Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
• January 31: No School – Professional Development Day (Middle and High School)
• February 1: No School – Lunar New Year
• February 10: Next General PTA Meeting
• Center School Auction 2022 – Please submit your donations
• Don’t forget to activate and use your p-EBT cards. If you have not yet received your card(s), contact the State using this P-EBT contact form or by calling 1-833-452-0096. Questions for the PTA executive board can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
General PTA meeting was adjourned at 7:12. Guest speakers immediately followed.
Please see attached important information regarding AmazonSmile.
Lisa Procopio and Wendi Lee
on behalf of The Center School
100 West 84th Street Room 310
New York NY 10024
Previous PTA Meeting Minutes & Agendas