Hello Center Families,
Below you will find the schedule and new information for the 2022-2023 Winter Trimester for Manhattan Youth After School at Center School. This is not registration, but rather a preview of what the schedule will be when registration opens! Please take the time to read all the information to make sure that when the time comes, registration goes as smoothly as possible.
Schedules, classes and sports!
- Our fall schedule is set to begin on Monday, November 28th. Registration for these classes will open promptly on Thursday, November 17th at 6PM. A link will be emailed out on that day with access to the registration page. I encourage everyone to plan ahead to save time on the day of registration. To view the schedule, please see the section below.
- Trying to register before November 17th at 6PM will not work.
- Boys Basketball Tryouts (both JV and Varsity) will be on Thursday November 17th during After School.
- If your child is interested in Girls Basketball, please email me or call me directly! You can also have your child see Mr. Thomas in room 306 for an interest meeting. There will not be an official pre-season tryout due to the low volume of interest gathered in the school.
- If your child is planning to try out for the basketball team, please select another class as a secondary option for that particular day, and if they successfully make one of the rosters, they will be manually added to that particular team.
- Our Cooking and Debate program have a hard cap of 15 students. You will receive a confirmation email if you are part of the first 15 to register and you will also receive an email if you will need to select a secondary/waitlist option.
Arrival, Dismissal and Snack
- After school classes occur on Monday – Thursday from 3:30 – 6:00 PM and on Friday’s from 2:30 – 5:30 PM.
- When students are dismissed from day school, after school teachers will be ready to receive them in assigned rooms. A class list will be posted near the main office so students know where each activity is located daily.
- Manhattan Youth will provide free snack on a daily basis but students are allowed to leave to go get snack outside the building from 3:30 – 3:45 PM if need be. If you do not want your child leaving the building, please let me know.
- If you are not designating your child as self dismissed, please call or text the after school phone number (917-565-7713) when you are ready to pick up your child between after school hours to avoid crowding the front desk.
The link of the schedule is located below. If for any reason you have trouble viewing it, please email me and I can send it via email as well!
Please do not hesitate to ask any questions!
Thank you all,
100 W 84th Street New York, NY 10065
Email: email@example.com Phone: 917-565-7713