Dear Center School Families,
The children of Center School need YOU!
Our ANNUAL AUCTION/POTLUCK DINNER “Superheroes of the Center School” (to be held once again in person spring 2023) is our BIGGEST fundraiser of the year, but we can’t make it happen without your help.
Our goal is TWO DONATIONS per family… And we’re asking everyone to submit their first donation before the winter holiday break in December.
Here’s how you can get this done:
- What’s your favorite restaurant? Ask for a gift card.
- Ask your hairstylist, barber or manicurist for a donation.
- Broadway connections? Ask for theater tickets and maybe…it includes a meet and greet?
- Know anyone who has season tickets to a sporting event? Maybe your company has seats?
- Ask your local neighborhood shop, dentist, coffee place for a gift card
- Do you have any connections in the entertainment industry? Think about how you can get them to contribute concert tickets, VIP experiences, etc.
- Do you know anyone in the fashion industry? Ask for a clothing or jewelry donation.
- Does your child participate in any afterschool activities? Ask them to donate a class.
- Any hotel or airline connections? Get them to donate a few nights or a flight credit.
- Do you have a second home where you could donate a weekend stay?
No donation is too big or too small!
Why should you help? Funds raised at the auction help pay for many of the things the DOE doesn’t cover that make the Center School such an amazing place: a computer teacher and much-needed school technology and supplies, enrichment programs including the theater arts TACS program, smaller class size, teaching fellows. So please help to ensure that our children continue to receive the highest quality education possible.
How do you donate? You don’t have to go to the business to ask for donations (although it’s often best). You can call or email them the link to the online donor form
Attached is a sample letter you can give to businesses. You can also access all these forms on the school’s website.
The Center School thanks YOU for your support!
Center School Auction Team,
Sara Bonin, Hallie Burton & Kathryn Poots